Monday, February 14, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge. Day 8.


Let me start out by saying Happy Valentine’s Day.  I absolutely positively HATE this holiday. It is way overrated and just insane. It’s not because I am single. It’s because I think that if you are with that special person that you love you shouldn’t just have one special day to tell them how much you love them. You should tell them everyday how much you love them. Totally my opinion though. 
On to the blog challenge… Day 8: What’s in your makeup bag?
This will be fun for me. Even though I know that I need to clean mine out. HA! I guess this post will also tell about my make up routine too.
First of all let me show you my super cute, super convenient makeup bag! I love it! It's actually the travel size makeup bag from my pattern of Vera Bradley, but it's just so easy for me to have everything in there. Like when I am traveling, most of the time my glasses and contact cases both go in there along with my face wash things too. it's just so easy to have. I got it as a graduation/birthday present from one of my best friends, Megan!

I start with a tinted moisturizer from Mary Kay. I love this stuff because at the beach I can put some on because it contains SPF and look like I have a touch of makeup on while I’m lying by the beach.

Next comes my foundation. I normally use a Mary Kay foundation, but I am currently out, and am using a Maybelline Mousse foundation. It doesn’t work as well, but it’ll do for now. 
 




    





After foundation comes Mary Kay concealer.  It works some miracles on “problem areas” as commercials like to call it. 

My powder/bronzer is next. I use Rimmel London Natural Bronzer. I started using this about a year ago and really like it. It covers and blends really well. 

I use Mary Kay blush. I actually hate wearing blush. I just wear it to please my sweet mother! (Sorry Mom!! Love you!) She thinks I need some color. I don’t see any difference. 


On to the eyes, I use a mixture of 3 different eye shadows.  The first one I put on is a color out of a Cover Girl pallet called Sombras.  It goes right above my lashes. For the rest of my eyelid, I use another color out of a different Cover Girl pallet called fard accents. I then use an accent color from this same pallet that goes in the crease of my eye.

I wrap it all up with some eye liner from Cover Girl color espresso and a touch of mascara by Maybelline Define-A-Lash color black brown.
 
Sorry that I bored you with all of that. I hope that ya’ll have a great Monday!! Remember to tell your family how much you love them. Valentine’s day isn’t just for the romantics out there.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you for the way you explained your eye routine. "Accent colors", "crease colors", etc.
    You were taught well!

    ReplyDelete