Monday, February 28, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge. Day 16.


30 Day Blog Challenge. Day 16: A Travel Story.
Well, would you like to know about the time I was bribed by 5 dollars to be quiet for 5 minutes, or the time a huge storm came up while we were at a restaurant and the power went out? Or how about the time it rained so much in Indiana that it was up the windows on our RV? Those are just a few of the many stories that I have.
During my childhood, my dad raced drag bikes. We went as a family most every weekend during the summer and fall months. It was very fun to be able to have the opportunity to go to different states. Over the years, I have been to Texas, Indiana, New Mexico, Kentucky, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Georgia, North and South Carolina, and Virginia.
My favorite place to go was Bowling Green, Kentucky, because they had a water park at the race track. I guess we were on the way, and that was all I could talk about because my dad and a friend tried to bribe me with 5 dollars to be quiet for 5 minutes. Needless to say, I lost that 5 dollars!
My favorite place to go and still is, is the beach!! Last year, we were there on my 18th birthday. A storm blew up while we were headed to supper, I, of course, had picked the restaurant that we were going to. Well, we got there and the power was on about the time we were going to be seated the power went out. This upset me because it was supposed to be my special day, but instead the weather decided to ruin it! Oh well, the restaurant still served us the food and it was just as good! We just ate in the dark! They even gave me a piece of pie for my birthday!
Hope you are having a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment