Thursday, February 17, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge, Day 11.




** I know that this picture won't load. I know this is terrible, but if you right click on it, and then select COPY IMAGE SELECTION and then PASTE it into a new window you will be able to view it. I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I have no idea what happened!**

30 Day Blog Challenge. Day 11: A picture of something/someone who means a lot to you.
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v295/16/84/61700894/n61700894_30798024_2575.jpg
This picture is one of the last pictures that we have of my grandparents together. Obviously, it is very clear that they are somewhere in the hospital. It was a few days before my cousin, Sarah, got married. Late May/early June of 2008, this is one of the sweetest pictures I have for them. It just shows all the love that they shared for one another. My grandmother is still living, and although she isn’t in her right mind, she still loves that man more than anything in this world. We lost my grandfather from his battle with pancreatic cancer on August 19, 2008. I remember that day like it was yesterday..
Anyway that is not the point of today, the point is to show this picture and to tell you how much I love those 2 people in that picture and how much they have impacted my life. My grandmother was the homemaker while my grandfather was a doctor. My grandfather was a medical doctor who cared very much for his patients. He wasn’t the type to diagnose you and send them on your way. He was the type of man who wanted to hear all about your life and would tell story after story about a hunting of fishing trip if you had the time to listen. Most people did listen because there was always a moral of a joke to the story he was telling. He was a very funny man. He instilled values in my mom that she has passed on to me, and for that I will be forever grateful! I miss him every day, but I know we will see him again one day!!
I hope that you all cherish your time you have with your loved ones! Never ever take one second for granted because one day they won’t be there, and you don’t want to have to look back and realize that you left things unsaid! Tell them you love them.
I hope you all have had a great week! Tomorrow is a big day at our house, and for that reason I am going to take a break from the challenge for a very special birthday post!

No comments:

Post a Comment