Wednesday, March 30, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge. Day 25.


I am so sick of starting blog posts out apologizing, so on this one I will not! I’ll simply say that school is coming to an end and with that all of our sweet teachers LOVE to give us last minute work to do to complete the semester, so with having paper/presentation/ test/online work due every day/ night finding time to blog has been very hard! I just keep telling myself it’s almost over, so with all of that being said here’s my blog challenge for today, only about a week late!! : )
30 Day Blog Challenge. Day 25: Favorite Childhood Memory.
I have a lot of great memories from my childhood. Some of my favorite memories are being at my grandparent’s house! These are such special memories because my Granddaddy is no longer with us, and my Mammaw lives in a nursing home that specializes in Alzheimer’s. I can always remember that faint smell of their house and every time I smell it now, it always takes me back!
Mammaw was always known for being in the kitchen all the time. She cooked lunch and supper almost every day until she started having trouble remembering things. You could always find Granddaddy in one of three places, his blue recliner, his workshop, or the patio. When we always visited, he would take us to the park or his church’s playground. We always had so much fun.  
Of course these aren’t my only memories, my mom’s 3 sister’s and their children along with my mom and her children always go the beach the last week in July. We always have SO much fun! It’s become more enjoyable the last few years because some of the cousins live far away, and we don’t always get to see them at family gatherings!
My childhood has some of my favorite, most cherished memories! Some days, I find myself wishing I could go back! It’s funny I said typed that because when I was younger, I could not wait to be older and do things on my own! HA!
I hope y’all are having a great week!! Mine will continue to be busy! Summer is almost here, but where is that pretty weather we were seeing? I don’t like all of this rain and cold! I want to be able to wear flip flops!
P.S.
Did any of you watch Army Wives and/or COMING HOME???? OMGOODNESS! Y’ALL, I cried like a baby! I have always loved the military, but after Sunday night my love for them skyrocketed! They do such selfless acts for an ultimate price!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for commenting on our blog!! I so enjoy reading yours as well!! And now I really can't wait to see the movie! I'm like OCD about checking the listings to find when it will come on again!!! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete