Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend Recap


Ok, no I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth. I have been semi-kind of busy, but that’s just an excuse. I AM L.A.Z.Y.  Really I am. Anyway, this is what I’ve been up to. It was a LONG weekend too! I loved it. I can most definitely get used to only going to school three days a week.
Thursday:
I had to stay at school late on Thursday night because the Refection singers, which are the selected choir that I am in, had to sing the National Anthem at the basketball game. I finished class at 2:15, so I had to waste lots of time. It’s such a great thing that my mom works only a few miles from my school! She always has things for me to do to help her at work.  Thursday is somewhat of a TV night. Grey’s comes on. HA!
Friday:
I recruited for choir at my former high school and then did my usual Friday routine of running errands. YAY! Ha. NOT! I love love love the fact that I do not have any classes on Friday. It makes my week so much shorter and my weekend so much longer. Central had a basketball game. I attended. It’s fun to go back and see the teachers and friends from high school.
Saturday:
I actually set my alarm to make sure I got to the post office on time. HA. I was supposed to be getting a package! YAY! Well, guess what?? It was there. Old Navy is my absolute FAVORITE place to shop. I LOVE  IT!  Julianna has gotten me addicted to online shopping.  This may be a problem in the future! One weekend night out of each week is set aside for me and the siblings to go on a “dinner date” with my dad! We each have a weekend to pick a restaurant to eat at. It’s always nice to go out with him and my siblings and me not to argue and fight. We never do around him because he will not hear of it. We chose Rubens Seafood House, and they did not disappoint. It was delicious. I had fried oysters, and everyone else had shrimp and steak.
Sunday:
I started my day with church. It’s what I always do. This Sunday I was asked to sing. Well, it was very last minute when I was asked, so I just went with a traditional hymn, Jesus Paid It All. I know I have mentioned it before, but I LOVE traditional hymns. They just remind me of my child hood. I just love them so much! After church, we left for Jackson to see my mom’s side of the family. Steven also had a knee doctor’s appointment. (Side note: He had a complete ACL reconstruction on December 17 because of a football injury. He’s in therapy now. He also got the go ahead from the doctor that he can wean himself off of crutches. This is music to everyone’s ears. We don’t have to wait on him hand and foot now!!) I love going to Jackson. It’s my home away from home. It is also where I plan on attending after I finish with junior college.  Anywho, I love visiting with my family. Every time we stay at my aunt’s house, we stay up entirely too late catching up on all of the family drama. HA! I know every family has some!
Monday:
Yay for a vacation from school!! I was lazy for the most part. I slept way too late. We had lunch at a GREAT burger place called Burger’s and Blues. It was delicious. Then it was more visiting before we hit the road to come home! I always hate having to leave, but every time I do I tell myself that it’s only a matter of time before I will move there permanently! 
I hope each one of you has had a great long weekend! Hope you have a good short week too!

1 comment:

  1. When you get ready to move to Jackson...be sure to hit me up for babysitting duties!!! My girls would love to play with you!

    ReplyDelete